Assistant Operations & Logistics Manager
What we do
Red Rabbit is a fast growing, mission-driven business that cooks and delivers healthy breakfasts, lunches and snacks to tens of thousands of kids at over 150 schools throughout NYC every day.
How we do it
We are a young, energetic company changing the way children eat in school. Each day, we carefully craft dishes from scratch in our kitchen in Harlem and hand deliver them to kids who truly need it. And if we do say so ourselves, our food is pretty much the best food money can buy- in fact virtually every one of us eats Red Rabbit lunch every day!
While our people come from all parts of the world, with different backgrounds and experiences, the thing that brings all of us together is our passion for doing work that matters. It’s hard to articulate what it feels like to integrate passion with your career, but you’ll feel it when you walk in the door. We love what we do; we have high standards; and we seek out the most innovative and brightest people in their category to join our team.
The Assistant Operations & Logistics Manager (ADM) provides support to the Director of Operations overseeing 16-25 employees delivering 25,000+ meals daily to 200 schools in the NYC metro area. Areas of execution include route efficiency, flawless deliveries, customer service, driver safety, food safety, hiring and training. The ADM is responsible for providing technical support to the Director, while exhibiting leadership and direction to driver personnel. The ADM manages operations and personnel in the absence of the Director.
- Supervise day-to-day operations of the driving team
- Troubleshoot and problem solve any day-of obstacles
- Ensure accurate and on-time delivery to all schools - including managing keys, milk, supplies, bins, and bags
- Regularly coach, train, and evaluate team
- Create, monitor and edit routes daily to improve route efficiency
- Perform driver ride-alongs and quality control school visits
- Onboard all new schools - schedule walk-throughs, visit new schools, optimize routes, and ensure seamless first day
- Track driver KPIs regarding route efficiency, incidents, driver performance, gps, tickets, ez pass, and gas usage
- Create schedules and monitor labor hours
- Constantly monitor SOPs for driving team
- Communicate daily reports and expectations to the driving team
- Ensure all new team members are onboarded and trained
- Communicate with customer service team to review feedback and identify areas for improvement
- Assist SDM in special projects such as creating customer service training program, eliminating driver incidents, creating driver safety course, etc
Skills & Experience
- 1+ years experience in manufacturing, operations, or logistics role
- 1+ years must be in a management or supervisory role of at least 5 hourly direct reports
- Intimate knowledge of NYC streets
- Demonstrated knowledge of delivery route planning and optimization
- Experience in customer service
- Must have valid NYC driver license for at least 3 years with 4 points or less
- Excellent written, communication, and analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills needed and proficient in using Microsoft Excel, Word, and Google products are required
- BA/BS degree in operations/management or business-related field a plus
- Ability to lift 50 lbs on occasion
- Must be extremely well organized, detail-oriented, and have the ability to multi-task
- Must be reliable, function well within a team and work calmly and efficiently in a fast moving environment.
- Must have strong problem solving skills, be comfortable interacting with all levels of the organization
- Must share our passion for improving nutrition in schools
Salary & Benefits
- We are Change Agents: What we do...matters.
- Tuition Loan repayments: Because 77% of graduates have a loan debt, and we can all use some help.
- Free Lunch: Access to great tasting, made from scratch food.
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance: You want health insurance, we have great affordable options and Dental and Vision are 100% on us!
- Professional development: Take a class on us and build upon your skillset.
- B-Corp Membership: Become a part of the B-Corp community: people using business as a force for good.
- Leadership Training: We want you to be a part of the whole team, so you will get training on key roles in Red Rabbit.
- Salary: Competitive
About The Company
Red Rabbit is growing fast - together we are changing the way an entire generation approaches food, through our whimsical menus, sustainable business practices and a focus on doing work that matters. If this sounds like the kind of company you want to be a part of, you may be the perfect fit!
Pro tip: When applying to this job, note we value creativity in thinking and real problem-solving skills. Tell us how you’ve added value to a team in the past and why you want to join Red Rabbit.
Red Rabbit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, or sexual orientation.