About the Role
The Packer is responsible for assisting a team of 4-6 employees in the accurate packing of thousands of meals each day. Areas of execution include counting and organizing completed food production, monitoring food safety at all stages of packing, ensuring accurate packing for all individual, snack, and lunch programs, and managing proper rotation of inventory. The Packing Team is responsible for providing support to the Packing Supervisor, while ensuring flawless execution within their team.
- Serves as last checkpoint for quality of food and pans
- Responsible for temping and counting all items to be packed
- Follows all DOH and food safety guidelines in Packing Team
- Packs breakfasts, lunches, snacks, and allergy meals efficiently and safely ensuring zero packing errors
- Enthusiastic member of Packing Team, always looking for ways to improve packing flow
- Works as a team to troubleshoot any day of issues
- Helps to organize bins within cold space
- Communicates any production issues to Packing Supervisor
- 6 months+ professional experience in a fast paced role either in the service industry (i.e. restaurants), high-volume production (i.e. warehouse), or fulfillment operations
- Must be extremely well organized and detail-oriented and have the ability to multi-task
- Must be reliable, function well within a team and work calmly and efficiently in a fast moving environment.
- Must share our passion for improving nutrition and health in schools
- Demonstrated knowledge of proper food safety and sanitation practices a plus
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) a plus
- Ability to lift 50 lbs on regularly
- Must share our passion for improving nutrition in schools
- NYC Food Handlers Certification a plus
Location: East Harlem Kitchen Evening Schedule: Sunday - Thursday, 3pm - 11pm
Compensation and Benefits:
- We are Change Agents: What we do...matters.
- Free Lunch: Access to great tasting, made from scratch food.
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance: You want health insurance, we have great affordable options!
- B-Corp Membership: Become a part of the B-Corp community: people using business as a force for good.
- Compensation: $15/hour (with option for bi-annual raise)
About The Company
Red Rabbit is growing fast - together we are changing the way an entire generation approaches food, through our whimsical menus, sustainable business practices and a focus on doing work that matters. If this sounds like the kind of company you want to be a part of, you may be the perfect fit!
Pro tip: When applying to this job, note that we value creativity in thinking and real problem-solving skills. Tell us how you’ve added value to a team in the past and why you want to join Red Rabbit.
Red Rabbit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, or sexual orientation.