What do we do
Red Rabbit is a fast-growing, mission-driven cooking business that offers healthy breakfasts, lunches and snacks to tens of thousands of children in more than 160 schools throughout New York City every day.
About the role
We are seeking a Chief of Staff (COS) to work directly with the General Manager to help guide the next phase of our company’s growth. Primary functions fall into the HR and Finance buckets, with a special focus on employee engagement, coaching and recruiting. Experience in financial negotiations, and budget management is also desired.
The ideal candidate is a strategist, implementer and people person; and excels at “getting things done” in a dynamic entrepreneurial environment.
- Spearhead HR initiatives including employee engagement strategies, org structure development and recruitment; steward culture and create a positive employee experience while servicing business needs.
- Oversee strategic business initiatives from development through successful execution under the guidance of senior leadership and departmental heads; assist in facilitating effective decision-making and removing roadblocks.
- Monitor and ensure compliance across various business functions including HR, legal, municipal and finance.
- Oversee departmental budgets; analyze spending and contribute to financial planning and control systems at all levels of the organization; drive fiscal accountability.
- Manage financial negotiations internally and externally.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field such as business, human resources or communications. (MA/MS is a plus)
- 2+ years in a Human Resource role
- 5+ years of project management experience
- Demonstrated experience building strong, long lasting relationships in complex environments
- Experience planning and leading strategic initiatives
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting and cost control principles
- Experience in financial negotiations
- An entrepreneurial spirit and desire to be part of a growing, mission-based company
- Excellent writing skills
- Acute attention to detail and impeccable follow through
- Excellent computer skills, fluent in google suite, experience in Sales force or complex CRM
- Must share our passion for improving nutrition in schools
- Fluent in Spanish a big plus
Salary and benefits
- Salary: $65,000- $90,000
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Professional development
- Generous PTO
- Access to the B-Corp community
About The Company
Red Rabbit is growing fast - together we are changing the way an entire generation approaches food, through our whimsical menus, sustainable business practices and a focus on doing work that matters. If this sounds like the kind of company you want to be a part of, you may be the perfect fit!
Pro tip: When applying to this job, note that we value creativity in thinking and real problem-solving skills. Tell us how you’ve added value to a team in the past and why you want to join Red Rabbit.
Red Rabbit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, or sexual orientation.